Last Updated: MAR 12-2020
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information that is necessary to establish and maintain relationships with our customers, to manage and develop our business operations, to provide customer service, and to develop, enhance, market, promote or provide products and services. We may collect your name, company name and contact information.
We may also collect Personal Information when we conduct market research, you visit, register for, manage or access your online account, you fill out a form or sign up for alerts or notifications from us, you submit an application for employment to us, we interact as part of an open house or other public consultation forum related to our business, or you communicate with us or our representatives (for example, when you report an emergency or service issue).
Information from Third Parties
To the extent permitted by law, we may collect or purchase information from third parties, including marketing companies, digital advertising agencies, third-party ad servers, third-party email servers, data aggregators, analytics providers, or third-party advertising networks.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect certain information automatically when you visit our websites, including through cookies, pixels and other technologies:
Cookies: Cookies, pixels, or other tracking technologies are small data files that a website or its service providers may place on your browser when you visit a website. Cookies store a unique numerical identifier that sends back a signal to the installer of the cookie to announce your browser’s presence and movement on the website that installed the cookie or on websites that you visit after the cookie is installed. There are many different types of cookies that perform different functions. Some of these cookies remain on your browser and allow the installer of the cookie to track you over time and across the Internet. A cookie does not identify you personally, but only identifies your browser.
Web Beacons: A “web beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. We may use web beacons on our websites and in emails to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-branded services (where legally permissible). Some web beacons can be rendered ineffective by declining certain cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
IP Addresses: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in NEMO ETC’s server log files whenever a user visits our websites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited.
NEMO ETC uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the website and presenting content.
When you contact us via telephone, we may record the conversation for quality assurance, training and record keeping purposes.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use Personal Information to:
- Provide the products and services that you request, or obtain products, services or rights from you, including to administer any account or agreement that you have with us.
- Determine your eligibility for services and ability to pay for such services.
- Bill and collect payment for products and services we bill you for.
- Notify credit reporting agencies and collection agencies if your account is designated for collection.
- Provide rebates, refunds or credits for usage or programs offered by us.
- Understand your needs and preferences so as to provide you with better services.
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- Send you important information regarding NEMO ETC, our services, the websites or other administrative information.
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Allow you to communicate and interact with us through the websites or otherwise.
- Permit you to register and participate in forums and other events with NEMO ETC.
- Measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our websites.
- Address any claims you may have against NEMO ETC.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your jurisdiction of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your jurisdiction of residence; (d) to enforce NEMO ETC’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect NEMO ETC’s operations; (f) to protect NEMO ETC’s rights, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow NEMO ETC to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we might sustain.
Categories of Persons with Whom We Share Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
- To NEMO ETC’s third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, program enrollment, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT products and services, customer service, email delivery services, market researchers, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services to NEMO ETC.
- To third parties such as agents and distributors to facilitate the sale and distribution of NEMO ETC products and services which may include marketing communications.
- With other users of our services with whom you interact through your own use of our services. When you participate in features on our websites that provide the opportunity to interact with NEMO ETC and others, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any Personal Information, and in particular any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the website even after you cease use of the website.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any corporate reorganization, dissolution of all or a portion of our business, merger or acquisition, divestiture, sale of company stock or assets or financing.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your jurisdiction of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your jurisdiction of residence; (d) to enforce NEMO ETC’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect NEMO ETC’s operations; (f) to protect NEMO ETC’s rights, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow NEMO ETC to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Third Party Collection of Personal Information about Your Online Activities Over Time and Across Different Websites
Links to Third-party Sites
Our websites may contain links to other websites which are owned and operated by unrelated third parties. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or third parties. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects Personal Information.
Your Access and Control Over Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit NEMO ETC’s use of your Personal Information in NEMO ETC’s custody or control, you may contact us using the information listed under the “Contacting NEMO ETC” section below.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have access to or that you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from an NEMO ETC database or otherwise let NEMO ETC know what limitations you would like to put on NEMO ETC’s use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, however, our ability to do so may be subject to applicable laws or operational restrictions.
Do Not Track
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the websites currently do not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Our websites and services are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 13. Our websites are general audience sites that are not designed nor intended to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as communications about your settings, your account, outage or emergency alerts.
Contacting NEMO ETC and Consent
353 Christian Street, Unit 13
Oxford, CT 06478
Attention: Director of Technology